Click on the update you want to explore. Use the map to the right or the links below.
The Team in Israel / Palestinian Territories
(December 15, 1999 - February 2, 2000)
December 15, 1999: Shalom! The Team arrives in Israel
December 18, 1999: A Middle East Feast of Religion and more!
- Whole lot of history going down!
- Ride a camel to the stars
- A bird's gotta fly!
December 22, 1999: On the Brink of 2000, the Odyssey Explores a Religious Legacy
- Whose side are you on, anyway?
- Walking in the footsteps of Jesus
- I can name that holiday in 8 days!
- Gotta get some religion!
January 5, 2000: A "New Year" of Travel for The Odyssey
- The renewal of an ancient city
- Christians vs. Muslims - Whose land is holier?
- Jesus born in a cave?
- Rebuilding a homeland
January 8, 2000: Trekking Through Time and Space, the Team Experiences Israel Past and Present
- A rhyme of a good time...
- This land is not our land
- I'm O.K., you're Y2K!
January 12, 2000: Religion Rules... Especially in Israel
- The complex history of Jaffa and its present-day charm
- Firsthand experience of the religious fervor in Jerusalem including the "Jerusalem Syndrome"
- The life of Lawrence of Arabia
- Y2K celebrations in Jerusalem from the point of view of an extraterrestrial
- The story of the Masada fortress and the Zealots who defended it
January 15, 2000: Conflict and Coexistence in the Holy Land
- Listen to the land beneath you
- They don't make caped crusaders like this anymore!
- Haunted by horrors of the past in Israel
- Blame it on Y2K...alien life forms lost in Jerusalem!
January 19, 2000: Discovering Differences in Life, Art and Politics in Israel
- Conflict Resolution 101
- A tale of one city... Safed
- Israel's road to independence...
- Two religions, one holy, holy site
January 22, 2000: Israel's Path to Peace is Full of Obstacles
- Divided, we live together
- Give the world a piece of your mind
- Become a peace activist in one week or less
- One big happy family!
January 26, 2000: Finding a Common Ground for Peace in Israel
- Memories of a Holocaust Massacre
- We come in peace...
- Splashing around in a lake with no life
- Planting the seeds of peace
January 29, 2000: More Tales of War and Its Consequences
- Young Israeli artists need your help!
- Fight for what's right!
- And the winner is...PEACE!
- Get to know thy neighbor
February 2, 2000: Refugees, Extremists, and Goodbyes: A Farewell to Israel/Palestine
- Inside Palestine's concrete jungle, Gaza City
- Of lives shattered...
- And lives lost...
- Who gets the H2O in the Middle East?
- Where has my home gone?
- Refugees in their own land
- Home for the holidays
Time Machine | Multimedia and Special Guests
Home | Search | Teacher Zone | Odyssey Info