We are in the Middle East now, learning about different cultures and ways people are making a difference in the world.
On this page you can check out everything we're doing and have done!
What's in the Current Update?
The Team in Iran
(March 20 - April 29, 2000)
April 26, 2000: Cultures Clash: can the US and Iran stop pointing fingers?
April 22, 2000: Mountain Houses and Stolen Bags
- I know I'm a terrorist - but what are you?
April 19, 2000: The Great Kingdom of Persepolis in Iran
April 15, 2000: Prophets, Poets, and Marvels of Persia
- Somebody's got my dirty underwear!
- Your house is in that mountain?
April 12, 2000: Exploring a Natural Way of Living in Persia
April 8, 2000: Art and Every Day Living in Iran
- And on the thirteenth day...
April 5, 2000: The Folk Behind Iranian Folklore
- Can I sell you a couch? You don't have any furniture
- The Mona Lisa hasn't got a chance in Iran
April 1, 2000: Persian Ways and Holidays: The Latest Insights from Iran
- We're all one big, happy family
- He's a poet and he knows it!
March 29, 2000: The Movers and Shakers of Turkey
- Behind the scenes, the real Iran
- A new year, a new beginning
- Cover up... it's the law!
March 25, 2000: A Look Behind the Shroud: First Impressions of Iran
- Tamerlane for Master of the Universe!
- Tonight we're gonna' party like it's 1379!
- Finding family in Iran
- Dodging bottle-rockets
The Team in Turkey
(February 5 - March 20, 2000)
March 22, 2000: The Changing Face of Turkey
March 18, 2000: The Birth of a New Turkish Nation
- Don't take NO for an answer!
- You are 100% unique!
March 15, 2000: The Birth of a New Turkish Nation
- World famous Turkish Delights! The Trekkers get a taste of Turkey
March 11, 2000: Dance, Destruction, and Dreams: The Final Days in Turkey
- No "Get Out Of Jail Free" cards!
- There's still a lava living to do
March 8, 2000: The Power of Words, People and History in Turkey
- Anatolian students get footloose!
- Dreams from devastation: recovering in Turkey
March 4, 2000: From the Everyday to the Bazaar, Turkey's Wonders Are Revealed
- One Turk: NOT shaken, NOT stirred
- Just call him "Smartypants!"
March 1, 2000: The Story of Harem Life in Turkey
- The harbor at the heart of the city
- A sultan is born
February 26, 2000: Impressions of Turkey, Past and Present
- A different kind of Cinderella story
- Someday, your Sultan WILL come!
February 23, 2000: From Santa to Shadow Puppets - Turkey's full of cultural delights!
- Turkey boasts great hosts (and hostesses)...
February 19, 2000: Stories of Recent Tragedy and Ancient Majesty
- Look out! It's a present from Noel Baba! (a.k.a. Santa Claus) (a.k.a. Santa Claus)
- A local cut-up takes his bow
February 16, 2000: We're Walking on History!!!
- Life for kids after the quake...
- Hey, wanna lend a hand? Be a volunteer
February 12, 2000: Turkey Through the Ages: The Team Tells the Tale
- Digging through the layers of time
- Celebrate Black History Month
- Quakes and Shakes, Oh My!
February 9, 2000: Gods and Monsters in Turkey
February 5, 2000: You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello: The Trek Hits Turkey
- Turkey's prehistoric city of "firsts"
- At last we meet! Hello, Andrew
- Rhymin' Brian joins the trek
- Kevin bids the team farewell
The Team in Israel / Palestinian Territories
(December 15, 1999 - February 2, 2000)
February 2, 2000: Goin' Home and Goodbyes
January 29, 2000: More Tales of War and Its Consequences
January 26, 2000: Finding a Common Ground for Peace in Israel
- Goodbye Palestine, take care
- Home for the holidays
January 22, 2000: Israel's Path to Peace is Full of Obstacles
- Young Israeli artists need your help!
- Fight for what's right!
- And the winner is...PEACE!
- Get to know thy neighbor
- Planting the seeds of peace
- Splashing around in a lake with no life
January 19, 2000: Differences in Life, Art and Politics in Israel
- So much to see, do and eat...
- One big happy family!!
January 15, 2000: Conflict and Coexistence in the Holy Land
- Two religions, one holy, holy site
January 12, 2000: Religion Rules... Especially in Israel
January 8, 2000: Trekking Through Time and Space, the Team Experiences Israel Past and Present
- Not so FAST!
- They don't make caped crusaders like this anymore!
January 5, 2000: "New Year" of Travel for The Odyssey
- Freedom or death! The Masada's last stand
- Blame it on Y2K - alien life forms lost in Jerusalem!
December 22, 1999: On the Brink of 2000, the Odyssey Explores a Religious Legacy
- A rhyme of a good time...
- I'm O.K., you're Y2K!
December 15, 1999: Shalom! The Team Arrives in Israel
- Lots of fighting about a piece of land
- Walking where Jesus walked
December 18, 1999: A Middle East Feast of Religion and more!
- New Adventures in the Holy Land
- Journey to Jerusalem
- Promises of the Promised Land
Trek Connect | Time Machine
Home | Search | Teacher Zone | Odyssey Info