Click on the update you want to explore. Use the map to the left or the link below.
The Team in China
(June 28, 2000 - August 2, 2000)
June 28, 2000: Saying Good Bye, Saying Hello, And Entering into The People's Republic of China
July 1, 2000: From Imperial Dynasties to Transcontinental Train Rides, China's Wonders Are Revealed
- It's the beginning of the end! The last Trek Stage has begun
- What a fortune cookie won't tell you is...
- China's view on religion
July 8, 2000: Trekking Through China's Traditional Towns and Polluted City Streets
- The rise and fall of China's royal dynasties
- The greatest Buddha of them all...
- China says "Bai-Bai" to cultural repression
- Takin' the choo-choo across China...
July 12, 2000: Lounging, Shopping, and Cycling Around: What to do with your free time in China!
- The rise and demise of empires... and dreadlocks
- Returning to the days of old
- Paying the price for economic growth...
July 15, 2000: Relatives, Religion and Revolution: The China Trek Continues
- Spend, spend, spend... why is everybody buying things?
- Go for a twirl on the back of Abeja's bicycle
- Where have all the pandas gone?
July 19, 2000: Fire-breathing Reptile ahead! Get in the Boat, Young Explorer!
- The Tao of the trek
- China's great southern capital
- Hong Kong's shiny future and sordid past
- China's Cultural Revolution... a revolution against culture
- We are family!
July 22, 2000: Fighting, Warfare, and Climbing the Mountain: The Trek's Women Warriors Conquer China
- Come and float with me…adventures on the Yangzi River
- Go east, young man! Marco Polo's explorations in China
- Marching towards change: the Cultural Revolution through the eyes of the Red Guards
July 26, 2000: The Trekkers Hit Beijing: Dining, Philosophizing and Kung-Fu Chopping
- These terracotta soldiers fight (even if their legs are made of clay)
- Painful memories about the invasion in Nanjing
- Visiting the dorms at the local college
July 29, 2000: Tearing Down Old Ideas and Building New in Communist China
- Learning kung-fu the Chinese way
- A down-home bug BBQ! A Chinese feast with legs!
- Confucius say, "take the survey and see if you follow my ways"
August 2, 2000: What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been - But Totally Worth It!
- Soccer and Chinese history: more in common than you think
- Think your life is difficult? Just check these rural Chinese teens out!
- 555 days of sights, sounds and wild experiences from all over the world
- A sad farewell to old friends, but a new and exciting beginning
- Looking back and forging ahead. Keep on trekking with us in the USA!
Time Machine | Multimedia and Special Guests
Home | Search | Teacher Zone | Odyssey Info