|Click on the update you want to explore. A new window will open,
so you can always close it and come back here! |
The Team in West Africa & Mali |
(August 14 -
September 25, 1999)
August 14, 1999: Bugged Out in
August 18, 1999: New Faces, Places and
Experiences in West Africa
- My head hurts, my stomach hurts. Ugh, I don't feel so good.
- Ebola, Nothing to sneeze at.
August 21, 1999: Ghana in All its
- Déja vu in West Africa
- Hello New Trekker - Jasmine Hops on Board!
August 25, 1999: Over the Hills and
Through the Woods (well, sort of!) The Team Reunites in Mali!
- Kavitha and Abeja meet one of Ghana's most remarkable women and at 80, she's
still got spunk!
- A picture says a thousand words... but is it worth getting arrested?
August 28, 1999: It's a Different
World Than Where We Come From
- Off to a great start, Jasmine is in Africa!
- You pay more when you're caught in the tourist trap
September 1, 1999: Traditional Living
in the Third World; It Ain't Easy!
- It's a Different World Than Where We Come From
- All the languages in Mali- it's all Greek to me!
September 8, 1999: The Places We Go,
The People We Meet
- I turned around and the African girl was balancing my digital camera carefully on her
- To Timbuktu in buses, boats and canoes?
September 11, 1999: Magic in the Middle
- Sink or swim, Abeja to the rescue!
- The Tiny Tellum People
Who Live in Tiny Mud Houses
September 15, 1999: Much to Learn,
Many Tales to Tell
- We're not in Kansas anymore
- A Place of Peace
September 18, 1999: Getting Cultural
and Cultivating Girls
- One Hump or Two?
- Learning is different for Girls and Boys
September 22, 1999: Trekker Trials and
Tribulations in Mali (say it five times fast!)
- What if you could paint your house any color?
- Yeah, well my guy's makeup is better than your guy's! Learn about the
September 25, 1999: From the Sahara to
the Sea, the Team Keeps Truckin'
- Abeja gets so thirsty her legs start to cramp up
- Jasmine calls YOU to join the fight to save our planet!
- Dangers of the Sahara
- Oh, the memories...